When to See a Chiropractor for Neck Pain
A stiff neck is always cause for concern, though often, pain and discomfort subsides in a few days depending on the root cause of the issue.
If regular neck pain is a part of your life, or if you’re experiencing any of the following, we’d love to see you in the practice to determine if we can help!
- If neck pain is hanging around for more than a few days, it’s a good idea to book an appointment with us. When an accident is to blame, it’s always important to get evaluated by a medical professional to rule out anything serious.
- When you’re waking up with neck pain that seems to get better by the end of the day, it could be a sign of improper sleep posture or even teeth grinding. Nighttime clenching of the jaw can work its way into your neck and shoulders.
- Do you find yourself reaching for frequent over-the-counter pain medication to manage neck pain? If so, we’ll help identify the root cause of the issue so that you can resolve it at its source to break the cycle of medication reliance.
- Look to the left, and then to the right. Do you feel a sharp pain when making those movements? If so, get evaluated.
- Have you noticed your neck pain spread to other parts of your body? For example, sometimes pain can start in the neck, and then slowly turn into tingling in other parts of the body, like your arms or fingers.
- When daily tasks start becoming an issue due to the pain you’re experiencing, it can cause new emotional and physical stress. Getting help now before the issue becomes more serious is always a good idea.
Whether you’re dealing with neck pain or another chronic issue, we’re here for you. Contact us today to book a visit.