Having an immobile back prevents you from being able to move freely and can make even the simplest task seem impossible. At our chiropractic clinic, we assist you in learning certain stretching techniques that will work in conjunction with our prescribed treatment plan. By stretching, you ensure your body has the best chance of recovering.
In order to benefit the most from your stretching, breathe deeply and try to maintain a zen state of mind. By allowing your body to feel the stretching exercises, you can focus on meeting the required range of motion to maximize your flexibility. This is harder than it sounds, but it’s importance can’t be understated.
It is imperative to heed your chiropractor’s stretching recommendations. If you must miss a stretch here or there, it won’t be disastrous. However, maintaining a routine is key for achieving the best results.
TRY THESE TWO STRETCHES
In order to get a little sneak peek at the therapeutic benefits of stretching, try these two stretches chiropractors in Manitowoc typically recommend. Be sure to consult your chiropractor before starting any exercise regimen.
- Lie on the floor facing up in a sit-up position
- Be sure to keep your feet flat, shoulder-width apart
- Extend your arms towards your hips with palms flat on the floor
- Lift your pelvic region off the floor and maintain the position
- Tighten the gluteus maximus muscles for maximum stretching
- Slowly relax the position and return to the floor
- Repeat 8 times
Hip Flexor Stretch
- Take a knee and put the opposite foot flat on the floor
- Keep your chest raised and keep your palms on your hips
- Push your pelvic region forward as much as possible without experiencing pain
- Keep the pose for half a minute.
- Switch knees and start over.