Back pain is one of the most prevalent ailments and is bound to affect many of us at some point in life. Statistics reveal that about 85% of American adults will suffer back pain in their lives. It’s imperative to establish the severity of your symptoms and keep track of how long the pain persists so you can get effective treatment. At NORTH MIAMI BEACH Chiropractic, our team offers back pain treatment.
With our pain management practitioners, you can find approaches that relieve your chronic back pain and restore your quality of life. Our chiropractors, Dr. Rose, is an expert with years of experience in treating a variety of conditions. They can create a treatment plan for you to alleviate your back pain.
Causes of Back Pain
There are several common causes of back pain. These include:
- Herniated or ruptured discs: When intervertebral discs become compressed, they are forced to bulge outwards, pressing the nerves and resulting in back pain.
- Sprains and strains: Sprains are caused by the overstretching of ligaments, while strains are the tearing that occurs in tendons or muscles.
- Spinal stenosis: This results in the narrowing of the spinal column, exerting pressure on the spinal nerves.
- Spondylosis: This is the regular wearing and tearing in your discs, joints, and bones, culminating into general degeneration of your spine.
- Intervertebral disc degeneration: As you age, the rubbery discs in your spine lose their cushioning ability (reducing friction), resulting in back pain.
Some of the risk factors for back pain include age, occupation, pregnancy, body weight, injuries, and trauma.
Symptoms of Back Pain
Back pain may cause:
- Loss of bowel or bladder control
- Numbness or tingling in the legs and arms
- Pain radiating down your legs or buttocks
- Unexplained weight loss
- Pain worsening with lifting, standing, or walking
Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain
Chiropractic treatment uses natural remedies to reduce back pain. Unlike other treatment procedures, chiropractic care treats the root cause of back pain to provide long-lasting relief. One common chiropractic treatment for back pain is spinal manipulation. This realigns your spine and alleviates tension and pressure in your back. We also offer massage therapy and trigger point therapy to reduce pain and inflammation and improve blood flow. Our chiropractors may suggest corrective exercises or lifestyle changes to alleviate back pain, as well.